When it comes to commercial usage, then there are different types of the same available in the market:
- Testosterone Cypionate
- Testosterone Enanthate
If you talk in generic terms, the testosterone cypionate and testosterone enanthate are used interchangeably, but there is a minute line of difference when it comes to the effects of each.
Well, the most common difference that we know about the difference between testosterone enanthate and testosterone cypionate is that the latter lasts longer. Testosterone cypionate usage is limited within the US and only because of this; people switch to testosterone enanthate.
Differences in the chemical structure:
In addition to the difference in the effect of the two, testosterone enanthate and cypionate has a difference in their chemical structure as well. The Testosterone enanthate has 7-carbons whereas Testosterone cypionate has 8-carbons.
Cypionate takes time to break down and estimate thus giving it longer life which eventually makes it more effective than enanthate.
Summary of Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate:
- Testosterone enanthate has 7-carbon ester chain while cypionate has 8-carbon ester chain.
- Testosterone if consumed more than the prescribed dosage may result in side-effects like gynecomastia, reduced fat breakdown, water retention, lesser sex drive, fat gain.
- Uncontrolled dosage may result in increased blood pressure.
- Consumption of testosterone may improve the quality of life, but at the same time, its uncontrolled usage will lead to some harmful side-effects.
- Testosterone enanthate doesn’t last long, whereas Testosterone cypionate.
- Testosterone cypionate has a half-life of 12 days whereas it is 10-11 days for testosterone enanthate.